Due to exciting new developments and to meet growing demand in Ireland we are currently recruiting a Site Inspector to work alongside our busy site erection crew’s. Duties and responsibilities include..
- Responsible for the completion of projects in Ireland to specification.
- Manage and direct multiple sub-contract erecting teams.
- Having a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the scope of works and challenges of each project prior to commencement and a plan in place to address these. Ensure that any errors/omissions are logged and formally communicated to the relevant department.
- Ensuring at all times that all relevant health and safety requirements are complied with by site personnel engaged by Cygnum.
- Ensuring that all site works are carried out to the highest standard, in accordance with the requirements of Cygnum’s design and engineering department and all relevant building regulations and that records of all site inspection checklists and handover sheets are properly maintained.
- Ensuring that the timber frame erecting teams have all the required materials, tools, plant and PPE to carry out their works effectively and safely.
- Act as a point of contact for the client and the erecting team on all site operation and safety issues and deal with all site related queries to ensure smooth running of site works.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of any site meetings and correspondences with the clients.
- Ensure company owned plant and equipment is maintained in good and safe working order.
- Identify, validate and continue development of a nationwide network of reliable, trained, high quality, efficient and competitive erecting teams.
- Record and report any site problems and non-conformances promptly and accurately as part of ensuring ongoing quality control and improvement and resolve promptly in accordance with agreed action plan.
- Ensuring company procedures relating to carrying out day works and variations on site are followed.
- Maintain a professional, co-operative and helpful manner at all times.
- Represent a professional image at all times and promote Cygnum in a favourable light.
- Carry out any training assigned to you and ensure the required training is achieved to carry out your role effectively.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as requested
Submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
On the 25th of May 2018, the European Union are adopting a new privacy law called General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to unify data protection and privacy rules for all individuals within the European Union. The new Regulations will affect all organisations established in the EU as well as all organisations outside the EU if they are involved in processing personal data of EU residents.
Given the business relationship your organisation has established with Cygnum Timber Frame we may be processing personal data of your employees. Cygnum is in the process of updating our processes, policies, procedures and system standards for transparency to our client and supplier base as we work with your personal data.
Cygnum will comply with the GDPR by safeguarding your personal data as stipulated in the regulation. We would like to ensure our clients and the companies we conduct business with, that your personal data is properly documented, managed and stored on our systems.
Excitement is building with progress on our factory extension. Phase 2 of the build is underway and will bring our manufacturing facility up to 80,000 sq ft making room for our new state of the art CNC production equipment … more updates to follow….
Drone footage of the UK’s largest Passivahus housing scheme gives a sense of the sheer scale of the development. We are very proud to be part of the team that delivered this ambitious project for Norwich City Council.
Calling all talented designers with the relevant experience…. and talented designers keen to learn timber frame design. We are seeking applications from Architectural Technicians/Engineers & Technologists who are interested in joining our award-winning design team……..
The ability to work within a team, to show leadership, take responsibility, and to deliver projects to a high standard within agreed timeframes.
- Construction /Design based 3rd level education
- Motivated & enthusiastic
- Appetite for learning
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Ability to produce high-quality work under pressure
- Knowledge of timber frame design an advantage
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com
One of the major benefits for developers using offsite construction for high volume housing is it significantly increases the speed of the build by reducing build time on site. Work is progressing at a rapid speed for this happy developer using our Reflect® 140 wall system which is factory insulated and closed on the inner face with an airtight membrane and service battens. The combination of membranes and insulation are used to optimise performance and minimise cost. Factory fitting the airtight membrane and battens greatly reduces site works.
Cygnum employees held their annual fundraising raffle and this year our chosen charity was Focus Ireland. The Homeless charity works tirelessly to help assist the most vulnerable in our society, Before Christmas Focus Ireland highlighted that of the 8,374 homeless in the country, more than 3,000 are children. Project Leader for Focus Ireland Cathy Murray was delighted with the donation and said that the money would go towards helping house families and individuals in long-term sustainable homes.
Please go to the Focus Ireland website to see how you can donate.
Cygnum employees Heber and Ian presenting a cheque to Cathy Murray, Project Leader for Focus Cork
We are delighted to be kicking off 2018 with the confirmation we are a registered member of the Construction Industry Register Ireland. CIRI standards are high and only construction companies, sole traders and builders who meet the strict eligibility criteria are registered on CIRI.
By registering with CIRI, members commit to delivering excellence in every aspect of their work. We are competent and capable to deliver the job at hand, we run our business in a professional manner and we sign up for continuous professional development to stay at the forefront of construction best practices.
Cygnum fully supports the ethos of the government approved body, which seeks to uphold and approve only the highest of building standards.
We will be at SelfBuild Live Cork. To avail of FREE tickets, simply click on the link provided below. The event takes place 11-12 November 2017 at Millstreet Green Glens Arena, and with 30+ Speakers and 100+ exhibitors on hand to give you advice, it is the must visit home event of 2017.
Due to Hurricane Ophelia our local telephone exchange is down at present. We can make outgoing calls and receive e-mails. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will call you back. We are doing our up-most to resolve the issues, we appreciate your patience. ** Update at 15:29 – Phone lines are now working!