Heber Mc Mahon giving a presentation on the benefits of using our offsite systems to help comply with the standard. Give us a call and we can advise you on the best options for your project.
We are thrilled and honoured to be awarded the Structural Timber Frame Associations highest accreditation level possible ‘STA Assure Gold’.The criteria set out for a Gold member means that Cygnum has demonstrated the highest levels of quality, performance and best practice across a range of industry standards.
We are delighted to announce that Goldsmith Street, Norwich has been shortlisted for Social Housing Project of the Year & Low Energy Project of the Year at the 2018 Structural Timber Awards.
The awards are a celebration of innovation, best practice and expertise in timber technology. With over 200 exemplary entries packed full of outstanding, pioneering projects it was a real achievement that our Goldsmith Street project was nominated in 2 categories.
Goldsmith Street, Norwich is one of the largest collections of Passivhaus homes in the UK, this truly ground-breaking scheme contains 105 homes: 56 one-bed flats and a mix of two, three and four bedroom flats and houses, all of which will be let for social rent through Norwich Home Options.
Delivering such a highly ambitious large-scale Passivhaus scheme was achieved by all the team working closely from the feasibility stage. The team includes award-winning architects Mikhail Riches alongside contractors RG Carter for the Client Norwich City Council.
The awards will be held on 10th October at the National Conference Centre in Birmingham.
Due to exciting new developments and to meet growing demand in Ireland we are currently recruiting a Site Inspector to work alongside our busy site erection crew’s. Duties and responsibilities include..
- Responsible for the completion of projects in Ireland to specification.
- Manage and direct multiple sub-contract erecting teams.
- Having a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the scope of works and challenges of each project prior to commencement and a plan in place to address these. Ensure that any errors/omissions are logged and formally communicated to the relevant department.
- Ensuring at all times that all relevant health and safety requirements are complied with by site personnel engaged by Cygnum.
- Ensuring that all site works are carried out to the highest standard, in accordance with the requirements of Cygnum’s design and engineering department and all relevant building regulations and that records of all site inspection checklists and handover sheets are properly maintained.
- Ensuring that the timber frame erecting teams have all the required materials, tools, plant and PPE to carry out their works effectively and safely.
- Act as a point of contact for the client and the erecting team on all site operation and safety issues and deal with all site related queries to ensure smooth running of site works.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of any site meetings and correspondences with the clients.
- Ensure company owned plant and equipment is maintained in good and safe working order.
- Identify, validate and continue development of a nationwide network of reliable, trained, high quality, efficient and competitive erecting teams.
- Record and report any site problems and non-conformances promptly and accurately as part of ensuring ongoing quality control and improvement and resolve promptly in accordance with agreed action plan.
- Ensuring company procedures relating to carrying out day works and variations on site are followed.
- Maintain a professional, co-operative and helpful manner at all times.
- Represent a professional image at all times and promote Cygnum in a favourable light.
- Carry out any training assigned to you and ensure the required training is achieved to carry out your role effectively.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as requested
Submit your CV to email@example.com
On the 25th of May 2018, the European Union are adopting a new privacy law called General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to unify data protection and privacy rules for all individuals within the European Union. The new Regulations will affect all organisations established in the EU as well as all organisations outside the EU if they are involved in processing personal data of EU residents.
Given the business relationship your organisation has established with Cygnum Timber Frame we may be processing personal data of your employees. Cygnum is in the process of updating our processes, policies, procedures and system standards for transparency to our client and supplier base as we work with your personal data.
Cygnum will comply with the GDPR by safeguarding your personal data as stipulated in the regulation. We would like to ensure our clients and the companies we conduct business with, that your personal data is properly documented, managed and stored on our systems.
Drone footage of the UK’s largest Passivahus housing scheme gives a sense of the sheer scale of the development. We are very proud to be part of the team that delivered this ambitious project for Norwich City Council.
Calling all talented designers with the relevant experience…. and talented designers keen to learn timber frame design. We are seeking applications from Architectural Technicians/Engineers & Technologists who are interested in joining our award-winning design team……..
The ability to work within a team, to show leadership, take responsibility, and to deliver projects to a high standard within agreed timeframes.
- Construction /Design based 3rd level education
- Motivated & enthusiastic
- Appetite for learning
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Ability to produce high-quality work under pressure
- Knowledge of timber frame design an advantage
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org