We are currently seeking an Assistant Site Manager to join our busy site team. This a permanent role and will offer candidates the opportunity to develop their Construction Management skills with a view to career progression
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of construction, quality control procedures and IT. The successful candidate will also bring strong organisational skills and have an ability to work independently or as part of a team.
He /She will work closely with an experienced Contracts Manager and will be given the guidance, training, and support required to carry out the role.
Responsibilities and duties will include:
- Responsible for the co-ordination and completion of projects throughout Ireland to meet required specification and standards.
- Assist in the management of directly employed and sub-contract erecting teams.
- Liaising with clients in advance of and during site works to ensure the site is ready, made safe and accessible for delivery and erecting
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the scope of works and challenges of each project prior to commencement. Ensure that any errors/omissions are formally communicated to the appropriate department in Cygnum in a timely manner.
- Preparation of detailed and accurate erecting plans including erecting programs and timely communication of these to the erecting teams.
- Co-ordinating site commencement with production scheduling department, erecting teams and clients.
- Negotiate terms with sub-contractors in line with budget targets, on-going cost control and management of project erecting costs & variations and approve invoices for payment in line with budget target.
- Ensuring that all relevant health and safety requirements are complied with by site personnel engaged by Cygnum and that they have all the required materials, tools, plant and PPE to carry out their works effectively and safely.
- Ensuring that all site works are carried out to the highest standard, in accordance with the requirements of Cygnum’s design and engineering department and all relevant building regulations and that records of all site inspection checklists and handover sheets are properly maintained.
- Act as a point of contact for the client and the erecting team on all site operation and safety issues and deal with all site related queries to ensure smooth running of site works.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of any site meetings and correspondences with the clients.
- Ensure company owned plant and equipment is maintained in good and safe working order.
- Continue the development of a nationwide network of reliable, trained erecting teams.
- Record and report any site problems and non-conformances promptly and accurately as part of ensuring ongoing quality control and improvement and resolve promptly in accordance with agreed action plan.
- Ensuring company procedures relating to carrying out day works and variations on site are followed.
- Maintain a professional, co-operative and helpful manner at all times.
- Carry out any training assigned to you and ensure the required training is achieved to carry out your role effectively.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as requested
The successful client will ideally have:
- A relevant building qualification or trade.
- Experience in building
- A broad and in depth understanding of all aspects of construction.
- Customer interfacing experience & skills
- A full clean driving licence is essential as the role will involve conducting site inspections throughout Ireland.
- Appropriate safety certs/cards.
Timber frame experience not essential.
Application process: Please send CV to email@example.com.